I really do not want the summer to end. It feels like the winter lasted so long this past year, at least here in New England. The worst part is seeing all of the Halloween/Fall decorations in all of the stores already. I’ve even seen Christmas items in a couple of them! It’s really killing my summertime buzz so I need to share a great summer-y recipe pronto! This is one I love for it’s easiness and great taste (plus some health benefits!).
Shrimp & Broccoli Pasta
- 28 Medium Shrimp
- 1 C Frozen Broccoli
- 1/2 C Baby Spinach
- 4 or 5 oz Pasta (I usually do 5 since my man eats more than the suggested serving!)
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 TSP Parsley
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder (Or 2 Garlic Cloves, Diced)
- Salt & Pepper for taste (Amount depends on preference)
Boil water in a medium pot for the pasta. While water is heating up, peel the shrimp if needed. Once the water has began boiling, place the pasta in and start the cooking time as directed on the box. Meanwhile, heat up a skillet on low/medium with the butter and oil. Once the butter has melted, put the shrimp in and cover with the parsley and garlic powder. Before the shrimp finish cooking, put in the frozen broccoli and spinach and stir so that everything is covered with the oil & spices. Continue cooking until the broccoli is cooked (it should be more tender, brighter, and hot to the touch. Usually about 5 minutes only for me!). Drain the pasta and place back into its pot. Pour all contents of the skillet into the pot and add the cheese as well. Mix thoroughly so that all pasta is coated in the cheese and serve!
– Try adding minced onion, tomatoes, or even peppers!
– If the pasta comes out too dry, try adding oil and mixing (I do 1 TSP at a time)
– Serve with a garlic bread or side salad to make this even heartier!