I am pretty much the least “morning” person you will ever find. I am grumpy, non-talkative, annoyed without provocation, and above all.. TIRED. So needless to say, I am quite happy just throwing an instant oatmeal packet in the microwave and calling it a morning. However, sometimes I like to make these great pancakes. They are quick to whip up and cook (and I mean it, otherwise there’s no way my my tired self would make these when I wake up!). They taste better than the boxed kind, in my opinion, and they can be healthy depending on how you customize it. Here is how they came out without adding anything – golden and fluffy yumminess!
I added a little syrup here, a little banana there, and voila!
Quick & Easy Pancakes
Makes about 5 medium-sized pancakes (Good for 1 person but possibly two depending on appetite!)
- 3/4 C Flour (I used Better for Bread Flour but you can use your favorite type)
- 1 3/4 TSP Baking Powder
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1 1/2 TSP Sugar
- 1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C + 2 TBSP Milk (I used Almond milk)
- 1 Egg White (Took 3 TBSP of the liquid egg whites in my case)
- 1 TBSP Butter (Melted, I just pop in the microwave in 15 second increments until mostly melted)
- *Optional* Small amount of cooking oil for pan if non-stick is not reliable!
In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients (the first 4 listed). Then add the rest and mix well. Drop onto a preheated pan (oiled if doing so) with a couple tablespoons of batter per pancake, or as large as you desire. Once the surface starts to bubble a little, flip the pancake to the other side and cook. Pancakes will be golden when finished!
– Use a large cookie cutter to get perfect circles or other neat shapes from your pancakes! Just sit it on the pan, pour the batter inside, and lift after a couple seconds only. The batter gets settled on a hot pan fast.
– Try other extracts like almond and strawberry instead of vanilla for a different taste