I always seem to have problems figuring out what to eat once lunch time rolls around. I even check to see what my boyfriend would like but I always get the same responses, “I don’t care” or “Not sure – what do YOU want??”. After foraging around my kitchen I came out with a few things I knew I was craving. After giving some thought on how all of these things could possibly be comsumed together, I came up with a pita pizza recipe!
Feta Pita Pizza
- 2 Pitas (I used Arnold brand)
- 10 – 15 Grape Tomatoes
- Approx. 1 C of Baby Spinach (Fresh leaves, not frozen)
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 C Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Basil (I used the spice type, not fresh)
Preheat oven to 350. Place pitas onto a flat baking sheet and drizzle 1 TBSP of olive oil onto each. Spread the oil evenly around the entire top of the pita (I just used the spoon to spread). Place pitas into the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes. While pitas are baking, begin to slice the grape tomatoes into small disks. You should get about 3-4 disks from each little tomato. Once the 5 minutes are up, remove the pitas from the oven and cover each one with a single layer of baby spinach.(Make sure stems are removed.) Place the tomato slices on top of the spinach and sprinkle the feta over the tomatoes. Shake garlic powder around crust edges where olive oil is for better sticking. Sprinkle some onto the top as well along with the basil. Place pizzas into the oven again for another 5 minutes. Remove and enjoy!
– If fresh spinach is not on hand, thaw frozen spinach out in a strainer and squeeze all excess water out before using
– Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese onto the crust for an even cheesier/saltier taste!
– Use full-sized sliced tomatoes for a more all-around tomato taste