I get chocolate cravings sometimes. Especially at night. What can I say, I’m weak. The good thing from this, though, is that I get to go into my lab..er..kitchen..and experiment! After assessing the ingredients on-hand and using my baking knowledge I figured I could probably come up with a double chocolate donut. I also knew I had some leftover graham crackers from s’mores that were going to waste if I didn’t use them so I smashed them and rolled the donuts around in it. I am really happy with how this turned out – the icing tasted way better than I thought it would. What was supposed to be a couple donuts turned into about 5…or so…Hey at least they are mini donuts, right?! Sorry in advance for the blurriness of the pics..I was trying to be quick in taking them since the smell alone was driving me crazy with hunger.
Easy Hazelnut Icing
- 2 1/2 TBSP Hazelnut spread (I used Landsberg Hazelnut Chocolate Spread but Nutella will work too!)
- 2 TBSP Almond Milk (Or milk that you prefer – I just prefer the taste of almond :))
- 1 C Powdered Sugar
Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. The icing shouldn’t be too stiff or too drippy. If it is too clumpy, add more milk (little by little!). If it is too drippy, add more powdered sugar. The icing should be at a great spreading consistency!
– You may sprinkle graham cracker, nuts, sprinkles, etc. on this icing – it’s very customizable!
– If you want more flavor, add 1/2 TSP of vanilla extract to the mix
– Try using this icing recipe as a cake filling instead of spreading on the top! The flavor is perfect for either